TorGuard.net - Anonymous VPN Service + Torrent Proxy

LOL TomPreston did it again!

Discussion in 'DeviantART' started by a.t., Jul 22, 2011.

1. a.t. EDF Hero

Message Count:
    [IMG]

I don't get it.

This is a thread about this faggot and his inflation art.
    • OP is a Faggot OP is a Faggot x 13
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. HyperHominid EDF Elite

Message Count:
    Asshole Marine Furfag
    Home page:
    Again with even moar fail comics, why???
    eigdew and Schnookums like this.
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. faggotmaximum EDF Hero

Message Count:
    rape
    he's terrible
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  4. Ecludo Ediot

Message Count:
    If this is how Preston thinks about art teachers/art advice then no wonder why he is so bad at drawing.

Mystery solved.
    silverhaze06 likes this.
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TheGreekDollmaker EDF Hero

Message Count:
    Student
    Home page:
    You know what Carl is?

A CARICATURE.Not a type of person.Not a Real person with a personality.

He is just a caricature made from the author.

Speaking of the Author, Tom here actually is presented in his comics as a full fledges person with a personality.

Whats wrong with Caricatures?Read this.

http://badwebcomics.wikidot.com/the-very-important-opinions

Specifically ""The novelists who endeavor to enforce what they are pleased to call "moral truths," cease to be artists. They create two kinds of characters — types and caricatures. The first never has lived, and the second never will. The real artist produces neither. In his pages you will find individuals, natural people, who have the contradictions and inconsistencies inseparable from humanity. The great artists "hold the mirror up to nature," and this mirror reflects with absolute accuracy."

What Tom Preston does here is just create caricatures or types and bases his humor around them.The only living person in his webcomic is Teom Preston him self (real classy there).

The best comics of TomPreston (and i say "best" what the little respect i have for him) are those that do not revolve around caricatures but based on funny stuff that happened in his life.

I have found ussually that artists that want to tell as story can either take from other people's stories or they can take from their own life.But the second one beholds a terrible truth.Most cartoonists,animator,story writers and the like dont have an interesting life.They instead revolved it around the bubble of creativity or some shit like that.Too tell a story or a joke is too take either from your life or someone elses life.
    You have to be interesting through to tell a story.
    You have to have an interesting life.
    Tom Preston and most artists on DeviantArt dont have an interesting life.They go too conventions, read comics or generally sit around in the computer.

Essentially his a boring unfunny "storyteller" that prides himself as a cartoonist.There have been many great people that had interesting stories from all across the globe.From today,From history,from Science,from religion,from mythology and everything in between lie the greatest and most told and interesting stories mankind has told.Why doesnt anyone take hints from them.

The fact that this charlatan and his legion of fans get along is a disgrace too humanity.The fact that there are artists that think that they can sit around all day doing nothing and be "creative: gives
    me the sense that these people dont want too work and instead want too live a life of working little and getting payied hard.

They wont stand the test of time.

They are but a a small point in history,left too revovle around themself and to vanish just like that and to be forgotten.

The artists that are truely interesting will instead live on.Their memories and works will be remembered.From Homer to Modern Writers, from the earliest Ionian or Egyptian Scientists and free thinkers to the modern Goliath of Modern Science, they live on because they standed the test of time.They are known because true blood and sweat has been spitted in order too be made.The modern artists that think they can do all that but not give a damn their whole life will be those that will vanish.

And i stand by that.In order to tell a story you have to have some credantials.Just because you can drawn does not mean you can tell a story.Just because you can write well does not mean you can write a story.Just because you have a diploma or went too some fancy-ass school does not mean you can write a story.Only when you have something interesting from your life or other people's life will you be qualified too tell a story.

Tom Preston is in no way qualified to tell a story.He refuses to study history or science or to observe something interesting to create any short of dynamic story or plot.He takes cues from his morals or his life which the first is in-your-face and the second one is UNINTERESTING (just like most people's lifes).

He will be forgotten.Unless he changes he will never be remembered as anything than a tiny dot in deviantart.
    • Like Like x 17
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. Ecludo Ediot

Message Count:
    ^ I don't think this is a matter of "interesting life" but a matter of complete lack of creativity.

Creative people can take the most boring of lives and write something exciting out of it. They amplify the details that often remain unnoticed by most people and make something quite interesting with them.
    Kren and FlamingTofuSquare like this.
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Cnids Ediot

Message Count:
    That was nicely said, Greek.
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  8. TheGreekDollmaker EDF Hero

Message Count:
    Student
    Home page:
    I suppose i should clarify some things.

Your kind of Creativity is the one which interesests the viewer.The one where care has been taken into making the the reader or the viewer be engaged, too enjoy the work or the best possible result, make him express emotions about the work or make him think about a subject.Its called Good writing.

The Creativity defined by the DeviantArt generation is "FUCK THE VIEWER IM GOING TO MAKE WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT EVEN IF ITS FUCING TERRIBLE TROLOLOLOLOL"Its the "I dont give a damn, worship me for expressing my thoughts on a tabblet" kind of thinking.Its the false dream of getting popural or rich like artists that actually care about their work.If Tom Preston even took a fucking look and thought "Hmmm...will this make the viewer cry or will it be enjoyable to some degree?" i reckon he would have made his comic 10.000.000.000 better.

If he did actually do that and still come out with a shitty webcomic, that means that he doesnt know how to interest people.It would mean that he hasnt taken feedback or he hasnt met a lot of people in his life too realise if they are interested in the things that they seek too view.If you devote enough into a subject you kinda create this instict about it, that enables you too recognise if people are interested in something or not.The guy that runs the Drudge Report has that instict.He knows which stories or subtitles to put in order too get people interested.

But creating an instict like that would mean to give a damn about other people.Too devote your self into something and too actually become interesting.
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  9. FormaldehydeFag Ediot

Message Count:
    I never knew Preston had an ED article...
    [IMG]
    ...and I never knew he was that much of an arrogant, self-righteous cunt.
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  10. GobbleDGook EDF Elite

Message Count:
    It never hurts to be humble. I actually never knew of Tom Preston till I started to go to these forums. But his sheer ignorance, lack luster comics, and shitty attitude will definitely keep me and anyone who isn't a faggot away from his 'art'.
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  11. TheForRealDeal Girlvinyl

Message Count:
    "thank you for the lulz"

What a weepy cunt

My favorite part has to be his comic's name
    So You're A Cartoonist? No, you're not
    CONTCOM likes this.
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Thayora Moeologist

Message Count:
    Home page:
    I've only read a couple of TomPreston's comics. They're not that good because I don't have the experience of running a tablet at conventions or being a cartoonist or comic artist. What I have noticed that TomPreston has a problem with digital art and he's only drawing shit in photoshop because he probably thinks that people would like that better. The line art is wobbly, the colouring is nothing special. These comics should have been practice for him with digital art/pen strokes/etc, but I don't see much improvement.
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  13. ge5undhe17 Girlvinyl

Message Count:
    Lab Tech
    [IMG]

He thinks he is a meme on /co/

[IMG]

Inflation will be the only thing he'll be remembered from

[IMG]

"I draw better than you trolls because I have A DEGREE IN ANIMATION"

[IMG]

"I am a front pager and who are you?"

[IMG]

"You are philistines, this is my style"

[IMG]

"I can draw cartoons. I hate anime."

[IMG]

"DO NOT bring up CattyN."

[IMG]

"I am a sweet cute nerd with a big heart who does nerd stuff like you! MY COMICS RELATE TO YOU NOW GIVE ME DONATIONS"

[IMG]

FOREVER TOMPRESTION

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. ge5undhe17 Girlvinyl

Message Count:
    Lab Tech
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  15. Zombie Neith EDF Hero

Message Count:
    Receptionist/Admin Assistant
    Home page:
    [IMG]
    It's funny because it's true.
    CONTCOM likes this.
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Bogus Journey Dramacrat

Message Count:
    being a fucking loser
    Never really cared about Tom Preston that much until I read this thread.
    What a loser.
    thatguyoverthere and madh8r like this.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. TheForRealDeal Girlvinyl

Message Count:
    This is me as well except replace thread with board
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  18. FormaldehydeFag Ediot

Message Count:
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. ge5undhe17 Girlvinyl

Message Count:
    Lab Tech
    I'm adding that comic to his article mekekekkekeke
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  20. Lurkerella Dramacrat

Message Count:
    Tsundere-Jesus did that Forever Tom Preston picture :'D
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
Tags: yo, any nigga want to fuck me in the ass, with a carrot?, salami ok?, no fuck you, oddbacca longs for love, oddbacca-senpai has noticed you, oddbacca-senpai will visit u in ur dreams tonite, preston, tom preston, andrew dobson, andrew dobshit, inflation, manchild, cattyn, tom preston 2013, fat, tom preston is kawaii, so you are a cartoonist, so you are a manchild, so you're a cartoonist, so you are a crybaby, so you are a faggot, tom pretzel, brentalfloss, brentalfuck, brent black, brent fuck, webcomic, webcomics, failure, art degree, alex ze pirat, dobbo, dobby, dobson, dobson and anatomy lol, dobson is a fat fuck, syac, 40k spent on art school, in a shit load of debt, stealing ips, big ben, llama, llama llama duck, journey, gta5, gta 5, gert is a faggot, gert's mother is depressed, gert should kill himself, gert lives in hiiumaa, gert is a liar, gert has no life, gert is unfunny, gert is annoying, gert doesn't brush his teeth, gert is unlikable, gert has an inwars penis, gert's semen is small, gert is autistic, gert's eyebrows are connected, gert has rectal acne, gert's only friend was fxhd, gert has a ruptured ballsack, gert is unattractive, gert lacks dicipline, who the fuck is gert?!, someone, oh okay thank you, somebody really hate gert, bunu is a talentless sack of shit, WILL THIS THREAD EVER END!!, I MEAN HOLY FUCKING JESUS, #theNeverEndingThread, everything wrong with DA in one person, khanzer saved titanic/11, dobson is fucking sexy, FUCK ME TOM PRESTON, ANDREW DOBSON IS THE EPITOME OF ADONIS, for a pork, wilkins instant coffee, k-i-s-s-i-n-g, first come loves, then comes marriage, and then the world ends, dobson is a nintendo fanboy, Dobson is a genwunner, Dobson got ditched by imaginary gf